Saturday, September 18, 2021

Plans for week of September 20

 IMPORTANT:  Field trip to Farm Safety Day at the Memorial Park on Wednesday. Please complete the two forms that came home in the green folder on Friday. I know it's late notice, but I only found out about it last Wednesday.

🍂  The weather might be chilly and damp, so please have your student wear a jacket and close-toes shoes.  

🍂 Please pack a lunch.  We are scheduled to be at the park at 8:45, and return around 11:00, but I still want them to pack a lunch in case we return later than the normal lunch time, which is 11:15.

🍂 I will be driving the class to the event in the school van.

🍂 There are several short presentations that should total an hour and a half to two hours, so we should be back at school by 11:00.

OTHER IMPORTANT ITEMS:

Memory Verse:  “Now therefore stand and see this great thing, which the LORD will do before your eyes.”  1 Samuel 12:16

Spelling:  List 5.  I'll be doing some new things to help the children learn these.  On Monday, we'll be making flash cards.  Since the kiddos like to cut and glue things, I hope they find this fun.  Also, it might help to focus on one word at a time.  (Test on Friday, trial on Thursday.)  The homework on Tuesdays counts for a grade and can help bring up the average.

Language:  Test scheduled for Thursday, if all goes well.  It will cover nouns and comma rules. The workbook pages that your child brings home should be excellent indicators of the material.

Math test on Monday.  (cumulative test over addition, counting coins, some multiplication.  The workbook pages that your student brings home will show the types of things on the test.)

Reading:  homework on Monday will be a selection from the History book:  63-65.  Please also turn to the back of the history book and go over the US region map and Northeast states.  We've been working on these in class.

History:  another practice quiz on Friday, over pages 55-69, and the names of the oceans (Pacific, Atlantic, Arctic, Southern, Indian) These are on page 473 in the history book.

Science:  another practice quiz on Wednesday over 3 types of matter, chapter 2. (if we get back in time.) 

Lastly, the class has been handling the wearing of masks very well. Thank you for providing them.  I do have extras in my classroom, if necessary.

Please also keep sending those water bottles.

Thank you!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mrs. Brammer's Last Blog

Parents,      I have mixed feelings as I prepare to finish my time at NLCA. I'll miss everyone, but like many others, I'm ready for ...