Friday, September 3, 2021

Week 3

Third grade parents;

First of all, thank you for working with your child this past Wednesday.  I appreciate all that you do at home!  Hopefully, we won't have to do a lot of remote learning, but if we do, please watch for new instructions here on the blog.

Since the school week will be shorter next week, I went ahead and sent home a typed copy of the memory verse and spelling words.  That way, if you want to get started on Monday, you can.  I would suggest that you simply read through the Bible verse and spelling words, just to begin getting familiar with them. I'm attaching a picture of the paper below.

Another bit of news regarding spelling:  I have decided to use the vocabulary definitions as bonus points from now on.  I will explain this to the class on Tuesday. Each word on the test is worth 5 points, and the definitions will count for 3 points each, as long they make sense.  

There is usually reading homework on Monday nights, but not on Labor Day.  :-)

There will be the usual spelling homework on Tuesday night, to write the words and definitions one time each, neatly, and the usual trial test Thursday, actual test Friday.  

There is a language test on Tuesday, over the types of sentences (declarative, interrogative, imperative, exclamatory.)  We have gone over and over this in class, so I expect them to do well.

There's a math quiz scheduled for Thursday.  On it are simple addition and subtraction, multiplication facts from 0,1, and 2 x tables, and counting coins.  The students brought home their first completed speed drill paper Friday, so that might be an indicator on what, if anything, they need to practice. That quiz will be for a grade.

However, we also have practice quizzes scheduled in History and Science on Thursday.  Those are designed to get students ready for tests with multiple choice and fill-in-the-blank tests and are not graded. 

That's all for now.  Please always check those green take home folders so that you can be aware of your child's progress.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mrs. Brammer's Last Blog

Parents,      I have mixed feelings as I prepare to finish my time at NLCA. I'll miss everyone, but like many others, I'm ready for ...