Friday, August 19, 2022

Week of August 22

Third grade is off to a great start!  Here are a few bits of information for you:

  • Beginning Monday, students will have a short oral reading assignment for homework.  Since third grade shifts to reading a lot of other textbooks during the day, students are constantly practicing reading aloud.  Also, third grade involves more at-home study, so I take that into consideration and assign reading homework only on Mondays.  Students MUST read aloud to an adult.  It's okay if the adult takes turns and reads small portions TO the student as they sit side-by-side and read aloud together.
  • Beginning Tuesday, students will write the spelling list words for homework, only one time each.  They may print them, and we hope to progress to eventually writing in cursive.  I do grade spelling homework because it can be an easy way to boost the overall grade.
  • Beginning Thursday, students will take a practice spelling test.  If they score an A, that grade will be recorded and they do not have to take the test Friday.
  • Our first memory verse quiz is on Friday.  It will be Proverbs 3:5 because that is our school-wide verse for the year.  We practice every day in class, but you will want to make sure your third grader is prepared for the quiz on Friday.
Thank you to those who have already sent in tissues!

If you need to reach me, please use Class DoJo, my school email (jbrammer@nlca.info), send a note to school, or call the school office and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.  I may not always be available, but I will respond as soon as I can.

I don't usually send notes home.  Most of the information that I share is here or on Class DoJo.  Please help your child by checking this blog weekly.

Thank you!  Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week of April 29

                                                                             Announcements and Reminders: April 30 - Deadline for Charleston...