Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Who is Mrs. Brammer?

I created a brief introductory blog last year when I was new to NLCA, and I thought my new families might want to know a little background information, too, so here's an updated version:

I moved to Canvas, West Virginia in 2018 from Ohio.  I was raised in a small town near Steubenville, Ohio, but I earned my teaching degree from West Liberty State College (now West Liberty University) in West Virginia's northern panhandle in 1990.

My work experience has almost always been with children. My first permanent teaching position was in third grade at Jefferson County Christian School (in Ohio) in 1994. I have also subbed in both public and private schools, been a school librarian, and most recently, collected data for a state-funded study on the effect of universal preschool in West Virginia. That last one was very valuable to me because I visited over twenty different second and third grade classes in the state!  That allowed me to glean all kinds of information about how I could better teach.

Also, New Life Christian Academy is the fourth Christian school that I have worked for, so I try to use all that experience to help children like yours learn and thrive.

This blog is where I'll be posting any upcoming quizzes, tests, or important events to remember.  I use it at least weekly, so please check back often!

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Mrs. Julia Brammer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week of March 25

  Announcements and  Reminders  :   Food drive ends Tuesday, March 26. Students may donate $.50 and one non-perishable food item. Please sen...